Spicer U-Joint and 2 Joint Jacket Combo
1310 Series U-Joint
- Spicer Part# 5-153X
- Heavy Duty Forged Cross
- O.E.M Replacement
- Outside Snap Ring
- Cup Size= 1.062 in.
- Outside To Outside= 3.219 in.
Dana Spicer U-Joints are one of the most trusted U-Joints in the high performance market place. Dana Spicer has been manufacturing U-Joints for well over 50 years and has been a trusted manufacture for many heavy duty and light duty truck builders. Dana Spicer uses only premium materials machined to the highest quality standards in the industry.
The Joint Jacket by FM Fab
The Joint Jacket is specifically designed for tough environments. Made from durable Polyurethane, it can handle most of what you throw at it. It’s made from specially formulated rubber that resists many chemicals, including Oil, Grease, Solvents, Fats, and Fuel. It’s Abrasion and Tear resistant well as being UV and weather resistant. Amazingly, It’s elastic enough to stretch over and over to hold tight for years.
Fits U-joint(s) – 1310, 1310 BC, 1330, 1330 BC, 1350, 1350 AAM, Dana 30, Dana 44, GM 3RL, 7260, Mechanics 2, Toyota, & MORE
Fits U-joint(s) – 1480, Dana 60, Dana 70, 7290, & MORE
Fits U-joint(s) – 1410, 1410 AAM, & MORE
Parts made of polyurethane will often outwear other materials by a margin of 5 to 1 when severe abrasion is a factor. It has been proven to be vastly superior to rubber plastics and metal in many applications.
Oil and solvent resistant
Polyurethane has excellent resistance to oils, solvents, fats, greases and gasoline. All the stuff your U-joint will encounter.
Load bearing capacity
Polyurethane has a higher load-bearing capacity than any conventional rubber. Because of this characteristic, it is an ideal material for load wheels, heavy duty couplings, metal-forming pads, shock pads, expansion joints and machine mounts.
Tear-strength ranges between 500-100 Ibs./linear inch, which is far superior to natural rubbers. As a result, urethane is often used as drive belts, diaphragms, roll covers, cutting pads, gaskets and chute liners.
Polyurethane has outstanding resistance to oxygen, ozone, sunlight and general weather conditions.
Offers extremely high flex-life and can be expected to outlast other elastomer materials. Dust boots, bellows, diaphragms, belts, couplings and similar products are made from urethane for this reason.
Heat and cold resistant
Continuous use below 225°F is within its allowable specifications. At low temperatures, The Joint Jacket will remain flexible down to -90°F.
Who Uses The Joint Jacket?
- Oil Industry
- OEM Manufacturers
- Drive Shaft Manufacturers
- Recreational Users
… and many more!
The Joint jacket offers big protection for little money.
- Oil, Fuel, Solvent, and Acid resistant.
- More puncture resistant than most natural rubbers.
- Store your Universal Joints without worry, in your trunk, under your seat, or in the shop.
- Slip it over your spare Drive Shaft or Axle U-Joint without using the silly tape.
- Works in pairs to protect all 4 Caps, or use just one Joint Jacket when you have only 2 Caps vulnerable.
- Provide damage protection when transporting and handling.
- Use during Axle or Drive Shaft installation to prevent accidental loss or damage.
Care and Use:
- NOTE: Some versions of the Joint Jacket Fit tight and some loose. This is intentional, it allows for variations in U-Joint series cap size.
- DO Wash with soap and water to remove mild dirt and debris. Don’t use Acetone!
- DON’T get caught using electrical tape on your Bearing caps, if so you will soon find out why.
- DO buy as many as you want, we offer bulk pricing too.
- DON’T let your friends use electrical tape either, they will blame you.
- DO check out the Additional Information section for more Scientific Jargon…